Old 04-11-2006, 02:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ceridwen

Originally Posted by megamysterioso
(((Meli)))-- it's good to vent- it's a codie's form of detox.
and everyone elses too....
my son is just 3, so we're just over the other side of the hill where he can be reasoned with to an extent, and it is much easier - I, and every mother I know, has melt downs where they think they are not cut out for this UNRELENTING motherhood LOL.

I used to feel awful, because after an interupted night's sleep, getting him ready, feeding him, taking him to nursery, doing my job, picking him up, feeding him and trying to fit in some housework (with him "helping"), I didn't want to play with him, I just wanted him to sleep. Sometimes I forced myself to play with him, sometimes I tried to involve him in what I was doing, sometimes I put him in front of the television, gave him an extra long bath (doesn't require me to play much with him) and put him to bed a bit early because I neded the alone-time, and sometimes I stormed out of the room in tears because I just needed 2 mins on my own to go to the toilet, without having to give a running commentary in sing-song speak because I was too exhausted to blink, let alone co-ordinate speaking and peeing

but he looks like he's survived it. I am reading "what mother's do, epecailly when it looks like they're doing nothing" by Naomi something - i'll look it up, it is a great life-affirming read that shore's up your choices and behaviours in mothering *no matter what they might be*, its not a how to do child-rearing book - its just great so far - I REALLY wish I'd been able to make the time to read it when my son was younger (which is the stage of mothering that it is describes most fully),

there are some good suggestions in the other replies (((((((((((meli))))))))))))

thinking of you.
lx