View Single Post
Old 06-05-2003, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Music

Hi lolo,
Doug gave a good suggestion about the Al-anon forum here. After you check that out, find out where an Al-anon meeting is and go there in person, and talk face to face with other women who've been through what you're going through.
Sounds like your husband is just "not drinking." Without working the steps, I believe it's only a matter of time before he drinks again. That's just my feeling!! He may hang on for years. Question is, how much of his behavior do you want to tolerate. My wife came into AA 23 days short of a year before I did. I believe today that the only thing that saved us was me going to Al-anon....just to help the poor sick woman, don't you know?? Her AA friends told her not to make any big decisions in the first year. Thank God for them. We've now been married over 40 years and we still have to work on getting along...:p Go figure!!
In your case, I'd suggest what Doug said so that no matter what happens with you hubby, you'll be able to survive and be healthy. I wouldn't want to see you crash with him. Get some support...it's out there.