Thread: just new
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 03:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
elsede
Paused

Thank you everybody for your words of encouragement. So far it has been two days since his last drinking binge and it has been peacefull. We went out for dinner for our 8 yr old daughter's birthday. amazing, our bill was only $41 usually we go there and it ends up being $85 to going out. He couldn't believe that it was only that much. I just looked at him thinking well you big dumb oaf did you think the drinks were free!. But it managed to be a nice evening for a change. All I can hope for is that he can get through tomorrow. Usually that third day is the day he needs that bottle. Of course then it is getting out of his system and the body starts the withdrawl process am I correct?

All I can do though is love him and help him and most of all myself get through it.

He started to read the AA bible but quit after a few days. I can only think that is because he sees himself and our family in those pages and doesn't like what he sees. He says he wants to quit and that he prays everyday and night that he can do so.

I hope tomorrow sees another sober day.