View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
midgetcop
L'il fighter

about bloody time...

Hello all! I came across this site using a google search engine...I thought that it was about time that I sought online support for my problem.

Here's my condensed story: I'mm 25 years old, and I've been binge drinking for about 10 years. I don't necessarily drink everyday, and since I work a job where I work 12-hours shifts I don't necessarily get the urge to drink on working days. But about 3-4 days a week I'll drink 6-10+ drinks (usually beer) at one sitting, which is quite a lot for a tiny female such as myself.

I've had many false starts in getting sober....tried AA a few times and I didn't go back. This time around my drinking is finally starting to take its toll on my body, and I've been diagnosed with high blood pressure. I have an appoint with a hospital addiction recovery unit. But since this is Ontario, I have to wait until *May* to see the doctor.

In the meantime, for the sake of my health, I'm trying again to abstain, looking for some extra support/info online, and I may return to my local AA. My last drink was on Monday, and so far withdrawal symptoms include speeding heart rate, anxiety, and high blood pressure (checked it last night).

I'll probably find the answer searching through the boards here...but if anyone can let me know how long I can generally expect these physical withdrawal symptoms, that would be mucho appreciated.

*drinks glass of water* Here's to recovery!!