Thread: just new
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2003, 12:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
elsede
Paused

just new

Hi all,

I am just new to this site and found it looking for some help.
About two weeks ago my husband had come home from his dr.appt and the doctor had chewed him out pretty bad about his drinking. Although I have been chewing him about it for almost 4 yrs now. Dr. told him he had to quit or die. simple as that to him and he decided he loved me and our 4 children more than the bottle. For months now I have been finding hidden bottles all over the house and the children have found them as well.

Any way, he lasted 3 days Memorial day he went and got a 1/2 pint but I let him know that I could smell it on him. He went 3 more days without it and then when I went to work and called home I could tell he had had some. Came home and he was asleep and my 10yr old son was still up at midnight. I let hubby know that I had found his bottle and then he was fine for a few more days.

Tonight I went to work and called home and we got into an arguement and he hung up on me. I could tell he had been drinking. I don't think he realizes that I can tell just by the way he speaks, that he has been drinking. I came home and this time he was completely trashed and once again my 10yr old son (bless his sweet heart) was up and waiting for mom to come home.

Husband started being an *** and this time I stood up to him and told him he needed to talk to the dr. and this time get something to help and he says I want to quit and then the next time that he just wants to die so that me and the children will be financially stable etc. I am sure you have all heard the same thing. Thing is when he isn't drinking, there is a good man there. He knows he has a problem , he has a brother that is a recovering alcoholic and I am the daughter of an alcoholic.

I am tired of it and don't have anybody to talk to about this.
So I came looking to see what I could find and well..... Here I am.
HELP!!!

Ellen