View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 01:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
equus

Wink One problem amongst many.

Just under a year ago my best friend said something which changed my view about what was happening. I'm not going to try and quote because my memory isn't that good and I've come to understand it in my own terms since.

My situation, yours, anybodies is just one of many, life isn't trouble free, we face problems. We won't get to a problem free time, we won't get where life no longer throws curve balls at us, we won't arrive at a point of knowing all will be well from here on in - this is life, this is already our experience of life.

I've come to understand it like this:

*If we worry we will always have something to worry about.
*If we allow ourselves to be daunted we will always have something to daunt us.
*If we see ourselves as trapped there will always be something we sense holds us back.

BUT I don't have to wait for life to change so that I can change the above.

*If I accept the future will never be known I can let go of worry.
*If I know who I am will outlast the most daunting of situations then I won't have to be daunted.
*If I know sometimes I must find my own way out then I needn't feel trapped.

At work I know huge problems can be solved with clear thinking, by acknowledging barriers and keeping an eye on the target while looking for solutions. At work I see the difference between those with an attitude of defeat and those who are simply challenged to rise to the challenge. Both kinds of people maight face the same problem, to one it's unsolvable to the other it's 'just' a problem, part of life, waiting to be tackled, waiting to be a solution.

I don't always manage to apply the above to my life, I can flounder around and lose all sight ofit in emotion. But I'm learning, I'm learning to change my attitude rather than to wait for life to change.