View Single Post
Old 06-01-2003, 05:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
2stop
~Author of My Life~

Thank you for your kind words MG, The MRI confirmed a stroke and he is pretty scared, he has always relied heavily on me for emotional support and sometimes MG I just don't have it to give him...then I feel so guilty. I have watched him be so self-destructive for so long, at 12 yrs old on up I would have to talk him out of slicing his wrists or his neck with the kitchen butcher knives, call 911 cause he OD'd, etc etc. Yesterday when he called he was talking to the nurse when I got on the phone and I thought MY! He's sounds pretty good!...then he starts talking to me and it sounded like he was dying...I just wanted to hang up and escape for awhile. I love my father dearly, it's just really emotionally draining at times talking to him.

I am so excited to have my kitty home, like Pauline told me, my HP knew I needed that yesterday!

My brother is facing some pretty heavy charges and I am so tore up over it. I know i must detach from the pain, feel the hurt and keep moving along in my recovery, sometimes my heart just takes over and I get wrapped around the pain, but you guys have been so good to me and I love every one of ya' Thank you so much for being here! This time I don't think I could've done it alone.

Many hugs and hope too,
Tammie