View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Spungold49

Dearest (fellow[B])Winelover:

To borrow from Best;
I]AA has a requirement.... you are seeking answers.
SR has a requirement... you are respectful of others.[/I]

Greetings, brother.

My second sponsor (2nd time around out of 6) was a very wise lady. At the time she had sponsored 14 women who enjoyed at that time successful sobriety. Then she ran into me. she was always saying wonderful things like: "Honey, take the cotton out of your ears and put it in your mouth!" This lady (no other word to describe her), tried to mentor me, tried to help me become a "lady", but after awhile she said to me one day",
"Honey, you're not going to make it!" "You're not done yet". To spite her, I stayed sober for a year. What I gained in that year..(Oh great, weeping begins again), was a wealth of experience.
To borrow from Best again(Isn't he great?)

If you look at it this way....
By staying around on SR, you can gather info so if such a day comes that you do feel you want to stop, you already have much of the info that will help you on the journey

Yes, I gathered info..but more important what stands out in my mind's eye is the utter acceptance and unmatched love from my fellows, I felt it, palpable, each time I tucked my tail between my legs and limped back into these rooms. Why unmatched?
Because..other than God, my fellows understood me, this "fish out of the water".
Maybe it's because AA has no other authority than ..." a loving God as he may express himself in our presence.."
No, Winelover, I wan't done yet, not sure if I am . maybe you are not either. But I know this: These folks are here for us. Those rooms are waiting. Each time I have returned it's (Oh, I'm bawling now), it's like a homecoming. they are so happy to see me. They are so freakin' glad I'm still on the planet, and tell me so. You have earned the right to be here. You feel the love, and give it. all part of the process. I pray god keeps us both until then...

We'll keep comin' back
With no fear of lack
Or thought of attack

Love you brother:

Spungold49
from the
California
south