View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
megamysterioso
One brief hour...

I am not sure what I should/want to do. I have not yet had the urge or longing to move back to him. I am very comfortable and settled at my moms house. I am glad that he is taking these steps...but is that enough for me to move back??? Ugg.. I can see that me standing strong on things is finally making things happen, but I still don't feel anything....good or bad.
Hi Ayers and I've been thinking of you. If you are truly not ready to move back, then I would stay put. I think that his threatening to move and quit his job was just a way for him to hasten your decision making process. You really don't have any control of where he goes or what he ultimately decides to do. You could move back in and him not like the change in your attitude and he could move or quit his job with you in the house.

I'm glad he did go to a meeting as it is a first step. I don't think that a decision so big should be made after one meeting though. He has a long way to go in his own recovery and you have a long way to go in learning how to deal with him in recovery. You both need time to deal with it.

I want everything for you to work out and I want you to be happy. I'm going through my own stuff and am by no means an expert at advising anyone.