Old 03-13-2006, 07:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Cap3

Garsh,my dear you do whats best for you,sorry that youre leaving.
You remind me so much of myself,in early soberiety.I can really relate,to you .
Thing about recovery,is change.To change,my thoughts,which brought about my feelings.I was my own worse enemy,for i use to be very senitive,negitive,and expected others to be very careful how they spoke to me.Yup,i was again trying to control others,just like i did when,i,was drinking.Only to learn,that,It was never others that upset me.It was the things that i was telling myself,about others that upset me.Putting down the drink,was only the beginning to my recovery,for i had a living problem.No matter that others treated me well,{my own perspective},,i only focused on the few who i decided didnt{my own perspective}.And in learing a new way to live,in recovery,i learn that others also,do the best that they can,given the moment,from where they are comming from,just like myself.The jerk that you speak about in the other thread.This is coming from you,and your thoughts alone.,that he is a jerk.This person is un-informed,about alcoholism.,or has not travelled your path.Maybe he is an alcoholic too,who knows,if he is,he,s in denil,could be sick ,he,meant no harm to you.It was your own thoughts about him,that did cause you harm.The hurt,the pain,and all that yourve gone through,with alcoholism,he does not understand,or know.,or regonize.If he did,he wouldnt have said anything to you about not drinking.for he still see,s it as fun.He didnt know,,your new behaviour,if he knew you before,or just thought that everyones wants to drink,and have what he thinks as fun...Takes time to teach others,that we have changed.There are no bad guys,no good guys,its all in my own mind,how i decide,what, another is.When i learned to look for only the good,in others,this is what i saw.When i was a newbie,and didnt know how to do,this,i only saw the negitive.,and felt threatened.
Therefore i was a runner to.Kept away from folks.The more negitive things that id tell myself about others,the more i stayed away from them,and in doing this i was learning nothing,and i was not changing.Until i got tired of it all.I wanted to learn how to live,life on life terms.I wanted to learn tolerance,of others,i was judging others way to much.In other words i wanted recovery.Peace,joy back into my life.I did this by going to recovery programs,for me it was both AA and Al-anon.Learning a new way to live.And this is whats change my life!!!Live and let live,..I see folks not as they are,but where im comming from.
Thanks for letting me share,
God Bless,and take care!!!!

Last edited by Cap3; 03-13-2006 at 07:20 AM. Reason: adding to.