Old 03-11-2006, 11:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Kahlia
Putting it all together

WOW, I am SO STUNNED....

[QUOTE=Fiya]You know, funny thing is this. As she isolated herself from me day after day, I spent alot of time thinking about what was going on, and in particular how she was acting and things she had been saying....and I came to the conclusion that she's really depressed with some major things that have taken place in her life that she had never ever dealt with, nor had she even tried to talk to anyone about it. Not even her family. And after much thought, I sat her down one morning after first waking telling her what'd I'd been noticing in her words and actions, particular her use of crack and piecing together what she'd been telling me of her past and I told her, "you're depressed sweetness". She was silent, looking at the floor for a moment and she said, "I think maybe I am too." I said, "All the symptoms are there cause I've been through a year long fight with it, then my mother went thru the same thing and my Lady (my pet name for her) was exhibiting the same behaviour...so I knew. And I told her, "You know....you have to start dealing with these past things, and if it takes you crying and moving on...do it. Because bottling it up will destroy you...but that mess won't help you get thru it."

And on that last thing you said, I think she feels the same. She wants to do the right thing, but that desire for the drug is stronger than anything else right now. And only she can break it.

Her cousin tells me I left when the going got "tough". And my response was, "what would you have me to do when I TRIED talking to her....even from the time she first mentioned it to me...letting her KNOW that I wanted her to have nothing to do with it?"

Fiya-I admire your tenacity for being such a good friend and hoping that things WILL change. I am going to PRAY that they do. I would LOVE to see this turn out the way you want it to because I have only seen ONE other person that I know that had as much love for someone as you and I have to go with that....I am honestly impressed. I just hope you do not get hurt BUT you have a great heart and an even more brilliant mind......many blessings coming your way and you are very right...your lady is very depressed...I sure was....so many "bad things", so much "old baggage" I finally unloaded all my bags and found out about addiction and PAIN...it is caused by TWO things, Fiya....Anger and fear..I got rid of those and am now OK....I hope she does too. I am hoping for one one those movie endings and I am hoping that you will walk hand in hand together...it would be SO very awesome..... I know it CAN happen......I saw it happen one time. I have seen many impossible things. Anything IS Possible. Many Blesssings to you, my friend and in no way did I ever mean to hurt you..........PEACE to you.........Kahlia