Old 03-10-2006, 08:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fiya

Originally Posted by bikewench
Yes...

It takes over...

And all of them skirt the issues of what they are truly doing to themselves...

they tell themselves.. they're "cool"..

All the while they feel so totally alone...

And those that care about them get dragged behind...

One of the long term members on here had a slogan...

Let go or be dragged.. ;o)

Don't mean we can't still love them...

But.. the outcome of their lives is not in our hands...

That is what we have to give up on...

The outcome of their lives.

We are only responsible for the outcome of our own.... as self centered as that sounds.

Other People can choose to walk with us...
But.. we can't make em walk..

Don't let your love for her cloud your mind...

Your on the right path..

Yeah, it pretty much came down to survival, besides I was'nt in my element having only dealt with two people who were onced hooked. I never had to be exposed to it for a long period of time because these two were distant relatives and so I only saw them from time to time.

But functioning normaly everyday while everything around me was abnormal (people coming and going, the whole scene out there) was hurtful, confusing, and scary. So it was pretty simple from that point to make a decision. But I won't lie, it hurt. Worst pain I ever been thru.

And as you said, my love for her won't cloud my vision because like I told her, how can I love you when you won't let me, for one....and two.....how can you love me yet want me to watch you destroy yourself and all the while you get mad at me when I try to sit you down and talk to you about it?

On that last thing, she'd get fire red mad! And I'm starting to believe that she knows it all to well to be the truth.