View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 08:37 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there mushroom,

Originally Posted by mushroom
Huh. According to the Good Husband one, my AH had all the earmarks of a perfect husband. Every single item on the list. Now what does that tell us?

What I'm going to take away from that is that I didn't do a bad job of checking him out first. I just don't know what went wrong afterwards. Maybe the list is missing items.
I don't know how the disease works for you. The way it works with me is that it is a disease of "perception". My "codie-ism" changes the way my brain interprets the reality that my eyes see. I observe a behavior in the woman I love and that behavior is interpreted in a positive manner by my diseased brain. When I ask people who are wiser than me they look at me funny and comment that they interpret it a completely different way. My disease justifies her behavior, and I then make decision based on the _justifications_ instead of on the _observations_.

My wife was spending 10-12 hours a day on the phone and web talking to married men. She never wanted to meet the wives, or have all four of us go out and meet in real life. I justified her behavior as caused by her insecurities and fear of rejection. When I finally did meet the wives I discovered the husbands all had a long history of affairs. Eventually I discovered that my wife was having affairs with those husbands.

Mike :-)