View Single Post
Old 03-04-2006, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jazzman
Occasional poor taste poster

2)She observed that the “roles” in our marriage seemed to be more of a parent/child rather than a wife/husband. Or, more precisely, the frustrated parent of a rebellious teenager.
Amen Brother, (I mean Sister). My ex went to counseling on a weekly basis for over a year. All the time in active addiction, active denial, and active quacking. Added to that taking ADs combined w/ the heavy drinking... a very volatile individual. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I once went to a session w/ her. The topic of her going back to work was raised by her counselor and when asked my opinion I gave it honestly. I said I thought her lack of motivation in getting her hours back was due to the fact that it would interfere w/ her alcohol consumption. My ex stood up, raged out on me for ruining her visit and stormed out of the office. The counselor and I just looked at each other and after a long pause, she said I should look into Al Anon.. LOL!!<o:p></o:p>

It sounds as though your H had to take a good hard look at himself and didn't like what he saw, I see it as a positive that he's taking that look at himself. Add to that you and the counselor might have "ganged up on him" in his perception of the events, (as was my case). This could help shake his thinking up a bit. Maybe for the better? You certainly have a better crack at it than my marriage did! Good luck.