View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 07:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
kmagk

I feel your pain and struggle. I married my highschool sweetheart, we have been together since I was 14. We married when I was 20 shortly after our son was born. Ever since I was 18 he has had adrinking problem, only it keeps getting so much worse. He finally stopped drinking after we were married for 5 years only to start 22 moths later. The 22 mths were heaven, we had 2 more babies and everything was white picket fence picture perfect. Until 3 days before Christmas, he got sick, took Nyquil, bagan drinking Nyquil and then went to alcohol. The next 2 years were pure hell, at times he stopped for a month, even 3, but he --kept going back, throwing away; freedom (jail- dui), friends, respect, his career, license, almost his life (attempt suicide), and eventually his family in some aspects. We finally separated after a year of hell. Against my better judgment I met aother guy, who has no addictions, just loves me and my kids. Here it is 2 years later adn my husbad wats us back. He has gone to rehab for the I don't know 10th time, even tried hypnotism. He says he guarantees he wont drink again! Do I give him a chance to ruin our lives again. My 8year old son has only had 1 Christmas when his dad wasnt drunk. Do I take the chance or move on. I feel my only guarantee for a healthy, stable life is to move on. Yet I made vows to my husbad for better or worse, in sickness and health. I don't feel good about divocing him now that he's "finished" rehab, but I dont think aything will change.