View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 05:18 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
tramp

i hope this doesn't turn out to be an educational post. i started drinking at around 9, stealing beers and mixed drinks from the grown ups. by the time i was 13 i was mixing anything to get a buzz. i was locked up for " indiscriminate chemical abuse". i was sent to a Catholic charities youth home, there we learned all about commonly available highs. after awhile there i was so out of control they sent me to a state hospital. this was after an od on 14 hits of desoxyn. there i remained me, until they locked me up on the forensic ward, an education for a 14 year old i assure you.
i drank alot of cough syrup, used to love romilar and vicks inhalers. extracts, lemon in particular, it eats plastic but its 98% alch.
squeezed sterno. mouth wash, in the old days listerene. there weren't any that tasted good. never liked cologne or lysol. i drained compass's for the grain alcohol.
when i quit i was drinking two 12's of beer and a pint a day. i'd get a gallon of vodka when i could. it would last about a day. i was never very particular. for a few years i got into a wine stage, when i hit 2 gallons a day it made me too sick in the morning. won't get into the chemicals. i used to love to get drunk, drop a few hits of acid and huff contact cement to heighten the hallucinations. i always believed that too much of everything was just enough. and lived that way for 30 years. most of my friends had died, or were unrecognizable as the people they once were.
i woke up one day and most of my life was over. unbelievably i had aqquired a home and family during all of this, which i lost. and i was fairly good at functioning, making foreman several times and places, i was a yard super for the RR once, and a captain on tug boats and ocean trawlers. i used to drive alot drunk. started when i was very young, as a result i couldn't get a license. finally managed that when i was 38. lost alot of bikes to the cops, cars too. fortunately i never hurt anyone and only had 2 wrecks, 1 with another drunk out in the middle of the desert.
i remember drinking 4 pints of southern comfort at a Johnny Winters concert. we killed some mad dog on the way over. Johnny kicked a**, but i wish i could seee it again today. i saw the Dead play out of the back of a flat bed truck once, but i was really wasted that day. what a shame. all in all i lost millions of dollars (really ), some beautiful friends, and my son over the years. it must have some meaning, my life.