View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bor_rabnud
WNC HILLBILLY

Hi.
I was a weekend warrior at the age of 19 or maybe earlier. I usually drank a 6 pack of beer at a time until I got married at the age of 22. I gradually started off 12 beers on the weekend because of lack of money. When I could afford more, I started drinking almost everyday. Still married with 3 kids I had made it to 12 beers a day after working 12 hours 7 days a week. In early 2004 I seperated from my ex wife and moved out continued to drink even more.(15+)
6 months ago I went to doctor and I knew something was wrong. My right side had a dull ache in it all the time and I found out my liver was inflamed. I still drank a couple more months. I met this wonderful women online and she saw me drunk a few times and asked me a simple question..."What's it going to be, me or the beer???
Well I chose her and I knew that is what GOD has been trying to tell me this whole time. I was abusing my body so bad that I was reaping what I had sown all those years. I still have many problems with my 3 daughters because of what I put them through, but I know time will heal all the pain and I can say right now that I am happy to have a wonderful women in my life that cares about me and supports me all the way. I thank the LORD above for another chance at life.

Rob