Thread: Square One
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2006, 02:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jen26

Unhappy

Hi BigPicture,
I can absolutely relate to your post. I'm 27 and I first posted here in 2004 and yet I'm still drinking, I know it's a progressive disease and I know that it's causing me problems and complicating my life, BUT I still haven't quit....

I think I'm still under the delusion that I can control my drinking. I mean I don't drink every day and I can have two or three drinks without having anymore, BUT I do go out maybe once a week or once a fortnight and completely write myself off. It's madness. I just end up feeling terrible and doing remarkably stupid things.

I'm not sure of I'm ready to quit yet, but I don't want to hit Rock Bottom before I do!!!

I even quit for three months last year and it felt fantastic, my life was suddenly so much simplier and my self esteem was at near normal levels mainly because I didn't have to hate myself for what I was doing when drunk.

I also have anxiety disorder which hasn't really effected me for ages, but now I'm getting Panic Attacks when I'm hung over, its a self inflicted hell!!

The point is I want to congratulate you on Day 1. You've taken a step that I'm too gutless to take.

Good Luck and keep posting! I'm sure you'll be an inspiration for me.