View Single Post
Old 02-22-2006, 06:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
CajunGirl

This is the first time that I've posted here. But, I've been reading posts since I found this forum a couple of months ago. But yes, I'm living with an AH. And have been for five years. We've been married for almost three years now (together seven years total) and I've heard all of the promises that things will get better and he will cut back and of course, the excuses as why he just HAS to drink EVERY SINGLE night. When we first got together, he wasn't drinking every night. But now that I look back, I wasn't with him every single night back then so I guess I really don't know. Although there were some nights that he didn't drink even five years ago. It's just gotten worse and worse. I'm struggling with what to do with my life. I think that I will go out and buy the book that's been mentioned about detachment. I had never heard of that before now. It's definitely worth a try until I can figure out what I'm going to do. I have to say that reading everyone's posts have helped me a lot. So, thank you all.