View Single Post
Old 05-20-2003, 08:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It was even worse for those of us who grew up in the 50's and 60's, when it was ALL ABOUT pleasing your man. The "how to" books told us to put away with aprons and make ourselves pretty to meet him at the door.

Today, my man, is usually home before me and cooks. I don't own an apron, and "pretty" is something I do for myself, not for anyone else.

Something I find ironic - my generation was the first "liberated" generation and we fought hard and costly battles to get the world to accept us as people and not just sexual objects; to see us for our minds, our hearts and our deeds, not just our bodies.

Well we have come full circle, because I see many of today's media mentors teaching young women that it is all about showing bodies and sexuality, with very little ever written about values. Personally, I don't spend my money on them, but obviously someone does or they wouldn't be still printing that stuff.

So I guess it is up to US to teach the next generation what is really important in life and what is not.