View Single Post
Old 02-16-2006, 12:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
equus

I think peeing maybe funnier over the pond or it might just be me - D does tell me I give more information in that department than is required!!

I've always found it a break from life. I remember the years before adult confidence kicked in (about 25 for me - I was a little backwards!!) and I used to agree to go to nightclubs. I'd sneak off to the loo wade through the crying in front of the mirror ladies and find that precious cubicle - PEACE!!! It was in there that the club world outside really did seem insane, outside on the dance floor where everyone smiled, inside in the (is it a washroom in the US?) toilets where so many cried. The music was dulled, I'd chew toilet paper to plug my ears and plan how to convince the group that leaving early would mean beating the taxi queue, look at my watch and tell myself only ..... to go!

When I was a kid and the rows kicked off it was still a place of peace, a moment to catch breath, a shut door.

I love how my life has changed - now it's just the best place for reminders not an escape pod!! None the less when I think of me time the years when that was the toilet do tend to spring to mind!!