Thread: Why?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 12:02 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
ASpouse

Originally Posted by TexasGirl
I can find traits that I love about my H. But I think loving something about someone and loving someone are two different things. Agree?

Honest answer? I love my husband, even in the midst of drinking, because I am supposed to.

To be really honest, the day we got married, I did not want to go through with it. Not to the point that I was ready to be the runaway bride, but I had the most unsettled feeling in my gut ever. But I wrote it off as nerves, and the fact that family had flown in from around the nation didn't help either. When we left for our honeymoon, I wasn't the joyous bride. I felt a quiet alarm in me. But as time passed, I got used to my role as his wife. I'm not sure what any of this has to do with anything, but it just kind of "spilled out" of my fingers. I may add more later...this prompts a lot of thoughts.
Yes I would agree ....... I love things/traits/characteristics about a lot of people I know and even a few I don't know.

I don't agree with loving someone (especially a husband) because "you're supposed to" ...... who says so?

I have an older brother and I can honestly say here that I do not love him and I'm supposed to because he's my brother. He is the type of person who does not have a "good heart" and I do not love him. Although my mom and my siblings tell me I'm supposed to, I just don't. However, I do not feel guilty about it or agonize over it. It is what it is.

Yes, this is very thought provoking ..... which is exactly what I wanted it to be.