View Single Post
Old 05-18-2003, 07:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
MystyDreamer
a work in progress

I'm definately in for a little rebellion, I had my own yesterday.
I have extra long hair, down to my waist, it's also naturally curly. About once every year or year and a half I get it permed, just to add curl to the top because the length flattens it out. So yesterday I spent 4 hrs in the chair, 2 hours just for the curlers, having my yearly ritual. Then on a whim I had it styled before I left.
When I walked in the door of my house afterwards it was priceless. My daughter's jaw nearly hit the ground, not to mention my b/f's (yes I'm seeing someone... if I forgot to mention before ) Here I'd spent 4 hours away to get my hair curled and came home with completely STRAIGHT hair!!!!! Maybe it's not a big thing, but for me it's huge, my hair NEVER lays straight, not even wet.
I joked around with them about me changing my mind when I got there and deciding on paying a fortune to uncurl my mop. My daughter just about died, especially since with my hair flattened out my real colour shines thru and it's remarkably lighter and closer to her colour (strawberry blonde), I told her we were twins now... hehehe bad mommy.
It's tomorrow now and I'm back to my regular "do", but even tiny little rebellions can be fun. I might even attempt it on my own in the near future, providing I've got lots of mousse, a huge curling iron and about 4 extra hands to help
HUGS
Mysty