View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 06:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
2many2count

((((((((HUGS)))))))))) Lots of them!!!!!

I know what you are going through right now. The father of my oldest children(10 and 11) was and still is an alcoholic and now drug user. I stayed in that relationship for 7 years. Lots of abuse and angry words all of the time. I don't remember when I hurt as bad as I did then. Everyone kept asking me why I stayed and I didn't have an answer or at least a good enough one. I kept telling myself that I was going to leave him but I always stayed hoping that things would change. They didn't and oneday out of the clear blue sky I left. I was in California with 2 small kids and my family was in NC. No money, no nothing except a few clothes and car seats we got on a Greyhound and came back to NC. I had to start over and I was scared to death. I got a job and got on my feet. I was the happiest person in the world because I didn't have to live like I was living any longer. He still to this day hasn't changed a bit. I left him in 1995. The only thing I can tell you is that you know about how much you can take and you are the only one who can decide to stay or leave. You will know when you've had enough.

Take care and keep posting.....

2many2count