View Single Post
Old 05-17-2003, 04:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
JustFedUp
Paused

Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate all the comments. I guess I'm lucky that I do have family in the area, as well a numerous friends. They must be psychic, because my phone has been ringing off the hook this evening, everyone just calling to say hello and see if I was up for doing anything. Most have no clue of the extent of his problem. I guess I put on a pretty good "happy face". His family is also very supportive. I spent several hours on the phone with his mom and step dad last night. They were down this past weekend and realized the extent of his problem. They brought it up to me in the morning, so it's not like I went running off crying to them or anything. I just kinda laid it out to them when they asked.

I just want him healthy. He's 34 years old and has high blood pressure which is caused by his excessive drinking. It goes back to normal when he sobers up for a few days. I hate going to sleep every night wondering if this is the night he's finally going to drink too much and I'm going to wake up to a dead husband.