View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 12:45 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Aa_vark

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Jezabel Starfox
I was thinking about why I was hesitant to just pick up and go to a meeting and I recognized that there are a lot of reasons. A) I am dealing with alot of other issues right now so I have a lot on my plate. B) I know it is anonymous however I still worry about being recognized. C) I am hiding my participation on this board from my spouse and going to a meeting would be more difficult to hide. D) I am seeking all my alternatives to AA/NA because of my belief system. E) My participation in last night's online session was disheartening because I asked a question only be told that questions can be asked after the meeting so I am completely confused as to how someone is suppose to behave during these meetings. This is why I need some time to reflect on the information provided. I am only posting while working so it will take me some time to read through information without completely neglecting my responsibilities. Everyone is giving me much to think about, much to research, and I really appreciate it!
I hid my addiction, in shame. I think that if you brought this topic up at a meeting, you'd find an overwhelming support. You are not alone. I think that you should feel good about your participation here!! You are seeking a solution.
It helped me to get my problems in the open, talk about it. Others have been where i'm at, and found a way through it, without using.
No matter what your beleif system, you can find recovery in aa/na... If you can accept that your way of thinking isn't enough to keep you clean today, youre 90 percent there... The other 10 percent, for me, was realizing that the universe doesnot revolve around me!
An athiest friend of mine with about 18 years clean, has a non-beleif in a higherpower that he doesnt understand as a higher power... LOL...It works for him...
He found in the rooms of aa, a power greater then alcoholism - a group of drunks - who are staying sober - by following good orderly direction , working the 12 steps...
It works! Really!

god keep you,

Aaron