View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Time4Change
NA Rocks!

Hi Jez! Glad you're here. You've asked some really great questions. You might want to check out the NA section here at SR. There are some threads that might have the answers for you.

Here's an NA website that has some of the basic NA info. http://www.na.org/basic.htm Hopefully that'll help a little. The main NA website is www.na.org.

NA is a spiritual, not religious program. We practice working with a "higher power". It doesn't matter if you do or don't believe in God, or some type of god. You can use something like nature, some say even a doorknob, etc. Personally, I think it should be something loving and caring.

In any NA meeting you'll find the most ecclectic group of loving, caring, accepting people you've ever met. There are many different people from all types of lifestyles. We are taught to look at the similarities, not the differences. Once we all start sharing, it's easy to find the similarities; we're never alone.

Good luck to you! Hopefully you can check out a meeting near you. It was the best thing I've ever done for myself and for those who love me.