View Single Post
Old 02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Htown281

First Week Sober

I got out of treatment on the 27th and I haven't used drugs since then. Its hard to be a Senior in high school and pretty much the only person at school who doesn't use drugs. I know I can't use and that I am powerless over alcohol and drugs but I still struggle almost everyday with feeling like I need to use drugs. Is this normal? I know I can't ever use drugs or drink normally because if I just have one beer or take one hit I'll end up drinking and hitting the bowl until the next morning. Its extremely overwhelming that I am 18 years old and going to have to fight this diesease for the rest of my life. I've had the car accidents, the stealing, the paranoia, failed every class and almost got kicked out of my house. I know bad things happen when I get high so I don't understand the craving to use. Someone who is allergic to peanut butter wouldn't feel like dipping the spoon into the jar and eating it, yet I am allergic to alcohol and drugs and I still sometimes feel like using. It trully is baffling, cunning and powerful. I just need some support and some help to get me through this first few months. Thanks