View Single Post
Old 04-22-2024, 07:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
edoering

You are never the cause of anyone giving up on life. You have also been dealt an incredibly difficult hand by life and are you giving up? Are you letting it stop you, and fold you? No. You are making what you can out of it. You are choosing to find a way to empower yourself, even when it just feels like surviving. And where you need support, you find the trustworthy people and you let them help you. It’s incredibly difficult, but you are doing it.

He has the choice to do that for himself. And no one but himself can make him fight for himself or give up on himself.

For what it’s worth, healing and surviving like you are working on is very exhausting physically and mentally. When you are alone, your body might experience the toll it takes and it might feel really bad. But at least in my case that was how I knew my body was releasing. Overtime, because I let my body work out those physical sensations (emotions—though they sometimes felt like back pain or should pain, or trembling/shaking, nausea, headaches, and LOTS of tears), I could feel my body getting back to a more stable baseline. I also had plenty of time spent dissociated and numb, or in a heightened cortisol fight-or-flight state, and those (short-term) felt more stable because I wasn’t as emotional and didn’t feel “ill”—I felt more “in control.” But long term I could tell it was wearing my body down. When I started feeling safe enough to feel again, it felt “worse,” but in hindsight that’s when the good stuff began (but of course, everyone is different and I don’t mean to assume it’s the same at all!)