View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 11:27 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Oynnet

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
^^^^ This!

Who will pay his rent that he can't afford while he is over there? (that will be you btw)
Who will support him while he is with you (yes, that's you too)

There is something not right here, you two don't seem to be on the same page? as much as he may be going along with what you suggest (as far as you know).
It is fascinating you wrote those questions, because that is what he asked me today.
His current job does not pay enough for him to keep his apartment, the rent is going up and he has to move out anyway. So the plan has always been for him to come when his lease ends, put his stuff into storage, and then he won't have those bills when he is with me.
Yesterday, he decided that if he wanted to go back at the end of the month - because he unlike what he lead me to believe has no intention of staying - that moving in with his parents would be too toxic and so he'd rather keep his apartment. And asked me to pay his bills for June.

I said no.

I was always going to support him here - I have some savings on a prepaid card (so he can't access the greater savings) that is just for him while he is here. I worked hard for that money. But I will not bail him out and pay rent on an apartment he cannot afford anyway.
There are real risks he'll simply bail on the trip now. He said that planning it was a mistake because we can't afford it. We can afford it. With his belongings in storage. Not with an apartment.

He said this today: I've had an uncomfortable realization today actually I think I actually like the distance between us And that is definitely a problem for you

And yeah, it is absolutely a problem for me. Because he is a terrible boyfriend at distance. But it made me realise, he likes it because he gets everything he wants, and doesn't have to make any sacrifices.