View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 02:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Scrapiron73

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Hi scrapiron. We all change over time. We have experiences, we learn, we mature, hopefully get wiser!

You might not have noticed that, over that same time, you have started to distance yourself emotionally from her. That's normal. It can be hard when you are in a less than stellar relationship, alcoholic or not, to just pull yourself out of the situation because you know it's the best thing, because you are still so emotionally attached.

It sounds like, you have just landed in the - I don't care spot. That's normal. No one can keep hurting you over and over without at least some detachment happening, it's self preservation, you've just finally had enough.; You might still care for her on some level (or not) but the relationship is done.

I hope you are feeling good about where you are at now. You've been through a lot.
Trailmix Thanks for the reply
yes you are right I definitely have been distancing my self from her purely because her mental health was affecting mine i really couldn't take her being around for more than 2days at a time and yes I do care about her but I'm guessing I'm just at a point in my life now were I care more about me and my families health I'm actually trying very hard to not to beat myself up as to why I never left sooner I suppose you could say im dealing with the aftermath of not being in a toxic relationship anymore...!