View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 07:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Bekindalways

Originally Posted by Kt54 View Post
I didn't think I was wise. I feel stupid for believing things could be different! But like you've said, I didn't know, until I knew.

Thank you for your replies and I'm sorry you are all going through what you are going through too. I'm grateful I found this forum!

Today I feel a little out of sorts but that is just because of the contact yesterday. I know nothing has changed, I could even tell yesterday when he was messaging that he'd had a drink (I think). There's never much of a 2 way conversation, more like statements, which I think I brushed off in the beginning. I think I brushed a lot off, thinking about it.

I literally had no boundaries and I'm sad to say that if he hadn't have ended things, I think I would have put up with anything from him. And I'm not sure why? I thought I knew my worth and loved myself. But do I? I think actually I just want to be loved and needed, and that's how he made me feel.
Pretty normal to feel off after contact. Sadly he will likely reach out again.

I so relate to the wanted to be loved and needed. I have found that there are layers to my relationship with myself and I'm always trying to get better. Some characteristics I have, I can't seem to change but live the best I can around this quirk.

Carry on good person!