View Single Post
Old 03-18-2024, 12:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Kt54 View Post
Thank you so much for the responses, and for checking in. It helps so much to hear other people's opinions and perspectives. It makes it easier for sure. I am trying to tell myself it isn't about me. It is who he is.
I blocked him on social media this morning and I already felt a little better.
But then today he messaged me asking to meet for a coffee!

​​
Whether you go or not is, of course, totally up to you, but I wouldn't.

I'm going to guess that meeting you for coffee is a lot more about making himself feel less bad about - himself! Rather than apologizing for being an ass - which he has been.

He will probably poor out his feelings of feeling terrible about himself, how he doesn't want to be this way but it's so difficult and etc etc. All that may be true, but where do you fit in to that?

Well you don't, addiction is selfish. He loves alcohol more than you, more than his family and friends, probably more than himself. It is the nature and compulsion of addiction.

Whether you do or don't, please keep in mind those pictures and how it made you feel - that's him or at least part of him.

You can't separate the alcoholic from the guy who is nice sometimes. He is one person, the good and the bad and it would seem the bad is pretty damn bad.