View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 12:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Oynnet

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post

I don't know if you have already contacted his family, that might be a good step right now so they can check on him.

His Mom and I have actually been tag teaming him for about a month. We talk every day. We were both just so worried about his mental health. Tag teaming so neither of us overwhelmed him and both of us updating the other about where he is at. She is a former addict herself - and is in fact still addicted to weed (I've had to ask her to stop buying it for him because he's trying to quit that too - that at least is more successful currently due to lack of access)

He gave up on finding a romantic partner long ago, because he thought he was so fundamentally unlovable. He called himself a Piece of S*@ for so long. He never ever saw value in himself. And yes, there have been other crisis points, but never to the depths that this one is.

Originally Posted by LucyIntheGarden View Post

You need to be angry. I hope that happens soon.
It is ironic that you pointed this out. Because my original impulse when I joined this forum was to try and tap into the angry. To find the strength to tell him to stop walking al over me. I have myself ratcheted from crisis to crisis this last month - I was hospitalized for my disability for a week, I didn't have any supports, My daughters 6 year old cat suddenly died. I have been balancing on an edge for a long time due to my own responsibilities.. His last crisis started long before these, but me going into hospital tipped him over the edge. Because he felt helpless. Because he wasn't here. And I put so much pressure on him to be here because I needed that. God I needed that.
The problem is, that I am not an angry person. Like, at all. I don't even know that I could be an angry person, no matter how much I wish I could to end this crippling pain that I feel.