View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 11:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
He's pulling your leg. I live in the U.S., and if he wanted insurance or a better job he could very easily get both those things - if he was sober. Even just getting a job with a mid-sized employer would get him insurance. We're not in a third world country. Even if he was self-employed, the state offers insurance. If he's living below the poverty line there is free insurance through his state website and insurance (even free Medicaid) covers addiction treatment. You could check that out, so you could see his lying. There is also sliding scale regular insurance through the state if his employers don't provide it - which most companies do, it's cheaper to insure an employee than pay fines. He's lying, or he's so out of it he can't figure it out...or both.

He just doesn't want to do anything. Why should he? You're offering him a free ride. That's not helpful to any adult.

You're being gaslit. On all of this.

If he comes to AU, be prepared for more grief than you've ever known, and more lies than you could even believe is possible. This man-child-alcoholic-drug addict is not a good investment in your future happiness!

^^^^THIS!!!^^^^
Bim said everything I have been thinking since first reading your post last night. This man has been lying to you and is using you. The last thing you need is for him to move to Australia (which I don't think he has any real intention of doing) and into your home. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but I fear you would be making, perhaps, the worst mistake of your life. Please, please don't do it.