View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Opal222

Spouses mental health- venting

My husband has been sober for alcohol for 8 years. I did not meet him until after he made the choice to be sober. He also suffers from anxiety, depression, ocd, adhd, personality disorder. He also uses marijuana regularly (all day). Although he is sober, his mental health issues have taken over our lives. We can't get through a day without him raising his voice and making accusations or telling me how much his life sucks but then saying we can't have anything less than a perfect marriage. In reality, our marriage is falling apart and we have started living separately about half the time. He was recently arrested and seems to continously make decisions that make life difficult. We have a 3 year old and it feels like that's the only thing left holding us together. He's been in addiction/ mental health treatment most of his life. For me, it feels like there is no end to his negativity. I told him I joined this group for support and he became very upset. He kept saying he is sober and pot is not a drug, concerned this site will persuade me to make him quit smoking. I didn't come here for that reason. I came here to listen to the perspectives of others who have been in his situation. I try to be the one to hold our family together because i don't want to give up on someone who has made it to recovery and I feel guilt that if I leave, our son won't have a father because he can't handle him on his own.