View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 02:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wyrd
origami aficionado

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I am sorry, but I just cannot deal with that—the three Cs thing.

So, you have a child, and they have a terminal illness, and you leave them alone with it?
This is 2024, and substance abuse disorder is a recognised medical illness, a chronic illness, just like diabetes.

As parents, you have the power to get your child hospitalised for a short period, perhaps just 72 hours, and that might save their life.

And yes, I will get yelled at again for saying this, but I can't be silent.
And please don't suggest that I don't know because I am on the other side of this, as a recovering alcoholic; I have been on both sides.

So, if it were me, dear jsk, I would call my doctor and tell them that this is an emergency and see what they can do. I do appreciate that there are different laws in different parts of the country, but I would try.

Sending you and your family love. s
That is not what the three Cs mean I think.

My sister took her life after my mother refused to take her back into her home after she'd moved out into her own apartment a year before but due to her schizophrenia, she was deteriorating and alone.

My mother had her life back after years and years of caring for my sister. My sister once said she just knew that my mother would, age 90, still visit her in the psychiatric hospital every day if it came to that. We were all codependent in that situation and my mother just refused to go back to that situation. She fought to have her hospitalized time and time again over the years but it is pretty much impossible in my country and we never actually got that done. Of course, if she'd known my sister would take her life, my mother would have taken her back in on the spot but the truth is if a person decides to end their life in whichever way, they will do it. It has nothing to do with their caregiver, or loved ones.