Thread: Just confused
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 07:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
trailmix

I really am sorry, I know this is very hurtful Chk. You can't trust anything he says right now, so giving him another chance, before he has been clean, sober and in recovery for at least a year will probably just end in more hurt for you.

The lawyer has given you very sound advice.

Addicts lie and distort and deflect to protect their addiction, whether that's alcohol or crack. They also love their drug of choice more than anything else, he loves it more than you, more than his family, probably more than himself. It is his main focus every day and every night. Once you try to come between him and his true love you will be (actually already are) firmly in the enemy camp.

Him saying you think you are better than everyone etc etc is just defending that addiction.

He has left you 6 times!

You honestly deserve so much better than this, respect, kindness.

This is terrible treatment. Why do you think you have such a high tolerance for his poor treatment? Are there people in your family who used drugs or was it dysfunctional in some other way? I ask because, in general, growing up in that kind of environment can set you up for accepting poor treatment.