Thread: Feeling trapped
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2023, 02:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Missbx

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
Hmmm. My husband didn't lie, really. Deflect, sure. he tried to lecture me about using too much aspirin, once. I had carpal tunnel syndrome. I had to remind him that I neve missed work because I took too much aspirin the day before.

I guess the reason he didn't lie to me is because I learned in another situation that liars lie, no matter shat you do. And asking them questions and having them lie AGAIN is just infuriating. I had a co-irker who lied a lot, so eventually, I just stopped putting my self into situations where I knew I'd be angry all over again.
@velma929 yeah I’ve had that too. He has tried to compare my vaping to his drinking. My vaping doesn’t cause me to hurt people, behave in an abusive way, lose jobs, blow all my money, end up in bed ill for days. It’s not the same at all. I never even entertained his attempt at that.
The lying drives me insane. He’s so out of his head sometimes that he’ll sit there and tell me he’s not/hasn’t been drinking while he’s holding a can of lager in his hand! It’s not hard to tell when he’s had a drink, even if he’s not drunk. He doesn’t hide it well at all. But I get it turned around on me when I point out I can tell he’s had a drink - “stop accusing me all the time”.. when he knows he’s done it!