View Single Post
Old 12-12-2023, 03:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DriGuy

So many here with years of sobriety have remarked that this has been their sole source of support. That's pretty high praise. I wonder about people who come and go. It's not the kind of wonder as "What's wrong with them?" I just wonder because I have no idea how they are doing. This is my problem of course, not theirs. We all come here broken in some way, but some may need only to grasp one or two issues, before the light comes on, and for them, it's problem solved and we don't see them again for a year or two. While it took more than that for me, I think others maybe find what they need a lot faster. Others may need more contact and guidance, and some may lose interest in sobriety pretty quickly when they picture, either correctly or incorrectly, sobriety as too big an undertaking.

In the last couple of weeks, we've had what seems like an unusual number of check-ins from people with a couple or a few years of sobriety, some who may have left the forum before I got here and who I don't know. It's encouraging to know that so many of those who don't "keep coming back" have found in themselves what they need to stop wrecking their lives with a bottle of gin.