Thread: Two week slump
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2023, 04:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Thanks all, very much appreciated

Day 16 and feeling a little bit brighter. Although randomly burst in to tears walking the dogs this morning. Was running through all the thoughts and feelings and got to a point where it was all just a bit too much. Weird. I do wish my thoughts would just STFU once in a while and give me a break.

Blood tests done. Got them to add the PSA test to the list since a friend of mine recently got diagnosed with prostate cancer... no symptoms, but caught early so treatment should be effective.

Originally Posted by Gymbunny7 View Post
Hi Mav I'm UK to and totally agree this weather is seriously rubbish, its never affected me as much before but really feel the winter blues. 15 days is brilliant. I'm recently sober to and after the initial high wore off I was left with a bit of doubt, fear and panic.
Thanks..! I don't usually get SAD... (as far as I recall, anyway) so seems like a combo of this constant rain/wind/mizzley stuff and the rollercoaster my emotions are obviously on right now!

Originally Posted by KneePads View Post
You know (like I do about myself too) that at some point in your life you can’t continue with alcohol. Otherwise you wouldn’t keep attempting to quit. So you might as well stick to your guns now, or you’ll be in this same state of mind in 6-12 months wondering why you didn’t persist this time.

That seemingly innocent drink will take you back to utter misery within a week.

You and me are on the same day in our sobriety, so I feel like I really, really, REALLY want you to stay with me!

I haven’t hit the grey nothingness stage yet. But I have been exercising a lot and listening to lots of dance music on my headphones to try and get some sort of energy buzz and feeling good about that instead of wanting to drink. So far it is working! I joined a kickboxing gym. So far it has saved my arse.

xxx
Yesssss KP... keep that infectious strength up please.... we've got this

Today is today and I'm not going to drink.