Thread: Two week slump
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 10:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KneePads

Hey Mav,

Ugh, I hate that part of the journey too. Pink cloud gone. Just an apparent eternity of light grey nothingness to look forward to.

BUT NO! It’s all a trick. Your brain is trying to rebalance itself. It’s going to swing like a pendulum for a bit until it reaches a new normal.

Just remember this: If you cave in, you are going back to the start again and be so annoyed with yourself.

You know (like I do about myself too) that at some point in your life you can’t continue with alcohol. Otherwise you wouldn’t keep attempting to quit. So you might as well stick to your guns now, or you’ll be in this same state of mind in 6-12 months wondering why you didn’t persist this time.

That seemingly innocent drink will take you back to utter misery within a week.

You and me are on the same day in our sobriety, so I feel like I really, really, REALLY want you to stay with me!

I haven’t hit the grey nothingness stage yet. But I have been exercising a lot and listening to lots of dance music on my headphones to try and get some sort of energy buzz and feeling good about that instead of wanting to drink. So far it is working! I joined a kickboxing gym. So far it has saved my arse.

xxx