View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 11:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
fishkiller

Post away.
That's how I got started. Now I just hijack everyone else's post.😁

There is a lot of focus on alcohol in certain areas of life.
Thing is I'm not sure those without an issue notice as much as we do.
I still get the random AV watching a movie or TV and see a scene where a character is drinking and apparently enjoying themselves.
Thing is I now KNOW I am not that person.
I know the drinks on the beach watching the sunset are fiction. For me anyway.

I saw a show the other day about coffee.
At one point in the show they made a correlation with the introduction of coffee into Britain and the beginning of the industrial revolution.
Seems before coffee the only safe way to drink water there was to distill it into alcohol so everyone was half shot most of their waking hours. So of course there wasn't much intelligent thinking and ideas coming about.
Once folks started drinking coffee instead they would sit in the coffee houses drinking coffee and exchanging ideas. Before long ideas became reality, how many drunken ideas have we had that just faded away?

Not sure how a non addict would have processed that snippet but it had a big impact on me.

So yes there is a big push to put alcohol in a positive light but if we look around there is plenty of evidence to the contrary.

So instead of being programmed by corporate America I choose to look for the truth. They can spend all the billions they want on image. It ain't working on me anymore.