View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 05:29 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Hawkeye13

I feel for you Alpine. It’s bad enough to feel ill and be doing every single thing you can to cooperate, be positive, and work on healing. That’s a full-to-overflowing plate as it is. But these kind of “errors” are way too common and there seems to be no accountability since it “only” inconveniences the patient. It’s like they don’t think about the emotional expense and how that actually impedes optimal progress / healing.

It is so frustrating dealing with the cavalier attitudes of our health care system. My mom had lots of hospital stays, many for acute conditions, and the indifference with which her time and feelings were treated was shocking, not to mention how they treated friends and family.

Of course many individual practitioners, especially nurses, were exceptions to this, but you could see how the kind ones, the ones that went the extra mile and cared, were also exploited by the profit-oriented interests of their employers.

I am sending you good thoughts and hope you can get out as soon as possible. You are already well ahead of me chopping kindling. I haven’t even started yet and winter is coming. . .