Thread: Lost
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 01:19 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Lost2011 View Post
I am going to walk the dogs with the kids in a little bit. And perhaps go to the grocery store - I don’t feel like it but sitting here doesn’t feel good either
Yes, you will have to steel yourself sometimes. I hope you do go to the grocery store. Even buy 3 key things. No need to do all the weekly shopping you know. So push yourself a bit for sure, but you don't have to overdo it (remember to be kind to yourself).

Things like going grocery shopping can hurt a bit at first. Oh I would buy that for us normally. That's to be expected. At some point that won't happen. It's YOUR store, your house, your neighbourhood.

I had a bad breakup once (not an alcoholic, personality disordered, long story). I stayed in touch for a while. For me, the turning point came with an epiphany one evening, talking in chat to this person and talking to someone I trust at the same time. She helped me to see how false he was. It was like a screen lifting, I could see him for what he was. I stopped talking to him shortly after that.

About 6 months later, I was out and about and having fun. It got progressively better during that time. The first couple of weeks were not great, just bit by bit.