View Single Post
Old 09-14-2023, 06:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Oglsby

Hey Cobra. I did have cottonmouth as one of the side effects. I was addicted to hydrocodone from 2005-2012 when they were writing prescriptions out of control. I finally quit in march of 2012.
For me it always seemed like about 11-14 days of withdrawal when I would quit. I had many of the same withdrawals you had: Hot flashes/sweating, headaches, leg cramps, etc.

That was and is a very painful period for me to think of because I just could NOT stop them and they were everywhere as doctors were pretty much unregulated in my state in writing scripts. I have had to have an oral procedure as well that was pretty hardcore but I was honest about my former addiction with my oral surgeon and asked him to give me just 6 pills. I only took 4 and threw the other two away. I was amazed, though, how they really did work for pain and not produce pleasure really when they were battling the pain.

Drink lots of water and it should pass pretty quickly. I consider that a major accomplishment of my life getting off pain medication. 11 years now!!