View Single Post
Old 08-05-2023, 06:13 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Live

Things with my daughter are going well& I have been trying to establish a connection with my grandson's fiance.. Daughter went over there to make zucchini bread together. I had sent E, the grandaughter, a spaghetti recipe the day before. & then found out daughter had told E that I am a very good budget cook. That made me tear up. Because for a long time daughter wouldn't give me credit for anything.

I had a bad day yesterday. The night before I heard pecking on Scott's window. I knew this would be the drunk neighbor across the street asking for a ride to get beer/liquor. He has been persona non grata here for awhile. I didn't hear Scott leave but then looked out the door and he was gone. When he came back I opened the door and he came in with a beer for himself and I thought..whew~coz if he had taken the neighbor that was going to be our first real fight. But I didn't sleep well. My subconsicous was picking up on all the signals. so I brought it up yesterday morning. and yes, he had taken him. I stayed upset all day that he would do something sneaky behind my back. I felt like my trust was betrayed. He wouldn't talk about it when I brought it up. and I am sure neighbor is gloating.
By the end of the day I came to the decision that this had hurt me all day and I was not going to let it ruin my sleep again. I was starting to get mad about it too. So I brought it up again. Made it clear that neighbor was not welcome on my property and that if it had been innocent, he would have messaged me and came to the door..but the way it was done was sneaky. and that I expected a united front. What I did not say but is obvious is that I own this mobile home. I pay the lot rent and utilities.
Scott isn't a moocher. He does all housework and runs all errands. like a gender role switch, which I am very happy with. But I am not going to be disrespected.
Scott hasn't had the grace to apologize. But..this neighbor if given an inch will take a mile. So he will be back and I will see how Scott handles it.
Obviously it is still parked in the back of my mind.

I am going to rest and read today.