View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 01:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Oglsby

Thanks FreeOwl, your post just nailed it for me. I think the hardest part for me is my sister has so little insight into her behavior and just can never really see herself or the consequences of her actions, and that is not going to ever change at her age. I am the youngest by many, many years and she is the oldest (MUCH older)

So, as expected, I got an email from her yesterday. I had promised I would not read it but I did. It was only one sentence: "I just want you to know that I am not mad at you and I love you, I just needed a break." I have not responded and do not intend to, because her implication is that she needed a break from me.

It is SO hard though, because of course I would love to have my say, but it would accomplish nothing except me losing control yet again and empowering her even more. Her actions have shown time and time again that she does not really care about me, and I know that. What she is surprised about is that the last time I emailed her was three weeks ago, so I am sure she is curious where my head is at. I just can't keep the madness going.