View Single Post
Old 05-13-2023, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
WindPines

Situational Depression in Sobriety

I hope everyone had a good week, and is enjoying their weekend so far. It's early, so we have the entire weekend, still. I haven't been sleeping well in the past couple of months. I quit my job for a new job that did not work out, and ended up back at my previous employer. It's nice to have some semblance of a routine again.

BUT. I found a lump in my breast that had me go to the doctor for a diagnostic mammogram, and a breast ultrasound. All was well in the breast of concern, but in the right breast, they found some abnormalities that they wanted to biopsy. I went to my biopsy appointment, and fainted so they couldn't collect a sample. They had to reschedule to 5/18, so here I wait. Does anyone on here have experience with breast biopsies? They had me sit in the chair with my breast under the mammography machine, they made the incision, inserted the needle, there was a punch sound, and I fell out.

Aside from that, my partner forgot that I was having a biopsy that day. I woke up, ate some graham crackers and peanut butter, had some apple juice, and the nurses all did a wonderful job at caring for me. I looked at my phone and my partner had sent me a message asking me about some cover letter he needs help writing. I called him when I left the hospital radiology department and explained what had just happened. He was for the most part speechless, and did not ask me how I was doing for the remainder of the day. When we got home, he said he hadn't asked because I had sounded really upset on the phone. I explained that it hurt! That I don't understand not caring enough to know how your partner is doing, regardless of their affect on the telephone prior.

I truly dislike complaining each time I come on here, but I feel it's a safe place to vent. I don't have a lot of friends that I feel comfortable venting to, so I do it here, and on another recovery site.

Any words of encouragement or experience is greatly appreciated <3 Thank you all for being here.