View Single Post
Old 05-07-2023, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leesir89

@PineappleGirl78

i am so very sorry to hear what you and your family have been experiencing. I’m also very sorry that even after rehab he relapsed. I don’t mean to make you uncomfortable, but I wondering if his relapse is what drove you to separation?

I hate that you and your children are going through this tough time. I can’t imagine all that you are feeling.

Thank you for the kind words! It’s crazy knowing that you deserve so much better, but loving someone so much that it makes it hard to walk away. I know I struggle with loving someone at their potential and not just for who they are right now. I know I excuse behaviors and make excuses for people. That’s why I say I worry that even if I stay and “wait” for him, it could just be delaying my heartbreak. Addiction is a lifelong battle. And I could very well be Putting off what hurts now for even more hurt in the future. I don’t want that life. But I also know when he’s at his best, there’s no one else on this earth I’d rather be with.

I wish you the very best in your situation and just know that you must go with your gut and do what is best for you and your children. Even when that isn’t easy, it says a lot for you to be able to stand up on your own 2 feet and rise above all the hurt and pain you have.